Pets are a blessing and we all love them for their innocence and faithfulness. For pet owners, their pets are none less than a family member and they care for each other. Talking about faithfulness, we all know how faithful dogs are. They can even tear the person apart if someone tries to cause harm to their owners. So, having a pet makes your life full of joy and playful activities but your life can even get a bit messy because of these adorable creatures at times. One of the many messes is, How to Clean Dog Pee from Carpet. When we say that life becomes beautiful with the pets, it is true but there are many problems too that come up with owning a dog. One such issue is, urine stains! When the puppies and kittens are in their house-training period, urine stains are the most common problem that pet owners have to deal with. This problem becomes even worse if you have got carpets on your floor. It is very unfortunate that carpets and pets do not work along well. Therefore, it is advisable to have the best Carpet Cleaner for dog urine already with you before beginning with the training sessions. This, will keep your carpet and other areas of your home clean, would smell fresh, and odor free.
No matter how alert you are, you can encounter the urine stains problem anywhere and anytime. So, let us see how you can help yourself from getting rid of this specific stain.
- No-Lick Strips:
These strips are applied once the wound has been covered with a gauze. This product helps in deterring licking of a particular area of the body. The strips deliver a static charge whenever a dog licks them, thus making them halt and giving their wounds the desired time to heal. You could check out Nurtured Pets Anti-lick Strip prevent for your canine.
- No-lick spray:
They have the same purpose of preventing dogs from licking their wounds or chewing the bandages that are covering them. Apply this spray on the bandaged area. This spray has a weird, disgusting taste that stops dogs from their habit of licking. A dog will not dare to lick his bandage again because of the horrible taste of the spray. One of the best products that are effective is Bitter Cherry spray from Vet’s Best.
- Dog sleeves:
They are available in pet shops and online. They offer double protection from excessive licking of dogs with its waterproof resist material. These are tubular sleeves making it easier for the dogs to wear and remove it. Its material is gentle on the dog’s skin and is very comfortable for them. If you are planning to order it online, do not forget to check this Suitical Recovery Sleeve Dog. The more you view different products, the best one you will choose from them.
- Dog boots:
Suitable when a dog has injured its legs. One may need to be careful about the size of the boot they are going to buy for their dog. It is perfect for covering the bandaged area and can be donned solely too.
- A neck brace:
It can come as a little help to prevent dogs from licking themselves, as it would restrict their neck movement to some extent. Also, they are comparatively safer than Elizabethan collars.
It is not very difficult to get rid of the pet urine stains from your carpet if you have the right tools with you. Even if you do not have the materials mentioned below, you can easily purchase them from any local hardware shop. Let us see what all you would need:
- Dish Sponge – If in case you have left the urine stain on the carpet for long, you would need to blot the affected area using a dish sponge. This will loosen the firm grip of your dog’s urine from the carpet. Alternatively, you can also use an old rag or a sea sponge. If you do not get any of these then, you can make use of paper towels also.
- ToothBrush – I am very confident that this tool must be there at your place and you do not have to buy it from anywhere. The best carpet cleaner for dog urine that you have, can be applied evenly with the help of a toothbrush that has soft bristles. This tool for cleaning the dog urine from your carpet is not only economical but also effective. Do not forget to wear a pair of gloves when you are cleaning as your skin might be allergic to certain chemicals.
- Vinegar – You know that vinegar has natural acidic properties and I am pretty sure that you must be having it in your pantry as it is one of the most useful cleaning agents. Vinegar has properties that helps in removing and disinfecting stains without much efforts.
- Baking Soda – We usually make use of baking soda at the time of baking. It helps in lifting odors and you will most probably require it during the end of your dog’s urine cleaning procedure.
- Cleaners bought from markets – You might need them if you are the one who does not trust home-made remedies. You can look for the best carpet cleaning solution for pet stains on-line or you can buy one from any local store.
Steps to Get Rid of Dog Urine Stains from Your Favorite Carpet
Our agenda here in this article shall not be restricted to getting rid of the dog urine stain rather after reading this article, you will be also able to get rid of dog pee smell from your carpet and cat urine smell too. So, the first important thing that you need to do is, properly sterilize the carpet area that has been affected. Make sure that you are quick because if the cat or dog urine stays for long on the carpet, it will become difficult for you to clean. For your information, to remove cat urine smell from carpets is a very difficult task and if even after trying various methods the smell persists then, you will have to either change the carpet or call a professional carpet cleaner for help.
Now, the steps that you can follow to get rid of the dog urine stains from the carpet are as follows:-
Step 1: Drying the Carpet – It is obvious that the affected area must be wet due to urine so first of all, try to dry the area or spot. For drying, take a clean towel and dab the spot. This will absorb extra moisture (if any) from the carpet.
Step 2: Applying a Vinegar Solution – Now, the second step involves making a vinegar solution. For this, you need to take one is to one ratio of cold water and vinegar. Then, take a container and mix the two contents in it. Now, pour this vinegar solution on the dog urine affected area and lightly scrub it. Leave the area to get dried completely.
Step 3: Removing the Smell – You must be thinking that to get rid of the pet’s urine smell from your favorite carpet is very difficult but you will be amazed to know that actually it is not. To remove urine smell, you can make use of baking soda. I am pretty sure you must be using it in your kitchen. So, go and grab baking soda from your kitchen and apply it to the urine affected area. You can leave it as it is for up to 24 hours to deodorize the area.
Step 4: Adding Hydrogen peroxide and Dish Detergent – Take a container and mix water, hydrogen peroxide, and a small amount of dish detergent in the ratio of one is to one is to one. Having mixed them well, pour the solution over the baking soda and scrub the dog urine stain gently.
Step 5: Vacuum – After doing all of the above things, there will definitely be few substances left on your favorite carpet. To remove these remaining substances from the carpet, you can vacuum clean the affected area. It should help.
What if the Odor Still Remains?
In the rarest of the cases even after following the above steps, the urine odor might not go. However, this is most likely to happen in the case of cat urine still let us see what you can do in such a case. As mentioned earlier, you will either have to sacrifice your favorite carpet or have to call a professional carpet cleaner for help. The professionals have the best carpet cleaning solution for pet stains that are really effective. So, you can try asking for help without any hesitation.
A Few Tips for You When Trying to Clean Pet Urine
- If you are planning to use steam cleaners to remove urine stains from your favorite carpet, stop. The heat from steam cleaners shall bond the protein from the pet’s urine into your carpet’s fiber. This will eventually make the urine stain as well as the odor permanent.
- It is advisable not to use cleaners that contain ammonia. In fact, any other chemical that has strong odor should be avoided for cleaning the carpet because they are ineffective in covering the urine odor and actually encourage your pet to repeat its behavior on the urine scent mark.
- If you get a cleaning product with natural enzymes, it is the best. You should go for using this one because the enzymes present in it help in digesting the stain and proteins in the urine that cause odor.
The bottom line is that even if you are very careful while handling your pet, accidents might happen and once they do happen, you can not help it. You are left with no other option than cleaning the mess that has been created by your adorable pooch. Whether you would like to try a home-made remedy or you would prefer the best pet stain remover for carpets available in the market, totally depends on you. If you are among the people who prefer such cleaners in which synthetic chemicals are absent then, you can make a solution of your own with the help of natural ingredients available in your kitchen. For example, baking soda and vinegar. On the other hand, if you trust more the solutions available in the market then, you can buy one which suits you the best. One important thing is that you have to be quick in cleaning the affected carpet area from your pet’s urine. If you delay cleaning, you shall not be able to clean it properly and will end up investing a lot of time than actually required.